The Grinnell Brothers Piano Company has been part of the Detroit landscape since 1879, and the Steinway Piano Gallery has been the caretaker of this great part of Detroit history. Grinnell Brothers grand and upright pianos are built to the highest of standards at a very affordable price. They are designed to have a warmer, richer tone color that allows the student to experiment with many different types of music.
Grinnell Brothers opened their first music store to supply musical instruments to the growing Metro Detroit area. By the mid 1950’s, Grinnell Brothers was billed as the largest distributor of pianos in the world, with factories in Detroit, Holly, Michigan, and Windsor, Canada. They quickly grew to be one of the largest music companies in the country, with 42 retail locations throughout the Midwest and Canada. Grinnell buildings still dot the Detroit landscape.